KEEP YOUR PARK BEAUTIFUL!
Help us prepare Oglebay and Wheeling Parks for the upcoming spring and summer seasons on My Park Volunteer Day!
Rain or Shine, Saturday, April 27th starting at 9 a.m.
REGISTER TO VOLUNTEER:
304-243-4100 or online:
• Oglebay Volunteers = Hess Shelter by Schenk Lake
• Wheeling Park Volunteers = Teen Center inside the White Palace
Tools and supplies provided, please come dressed for work and bring gloves if you need them.
• Trail clearing and cleaning
• Staple and nail removal from buildings and picnic tables in shelters across parks
• Greenhouse tasks assistance (propagation, watering, moving/spacing plants, cleanup)
• Garden bed maintenance, cultivation/weed control and watering
• Educational graphics/outdoor banners cleaning with soap and water in the Zoo
• Zoo pothole patching assistance
• Wheeling Park lake area hosing
• Wheeling Park rink summer season preparation
MASTER GARDENER ACTIVITIES:
• Butterfly Garden preparation and planting
• Bistro Terrace Garden preparation and planting
• Sapling planting around the wetlands in the Zoo
• Pull and bag bulbs based on weather and timing
• Other flower beds preparation as needed
Volunteers will receive complimentary lunch, a drawstring backpack, and a coupon redeemable for one free Daily Activity Wristband courtesy of The Oglebay Foundation. After lunch, volunteers are invited to stop by the Oglebay’s Palm Room for an afternoon of free horticulture programming!