Pet Policy ~
Welcome to Oglebay!
We want to provide you a wonderful and enjoyable stay, but also a safe one. For the comfort and safety of all guests and pets, we kindly request that all pet owners act responsibly with their pets. Please read, adhere, and agree to the following resort pet policies.
- There is a $50.00 PET FEE, excluding an ADA-compliant service dog, per stay which will appear as a separate charge on your room receipt.
- ESA (Emotional Support Animals) will be required to pay the fee.
- At check-in, guests must declare/register each dog and/or ADA-compliant service dog by providing full information and signature required on a Pet Policy and Agreement.
- A non-refundable cleaning fee of $100.00 will be charged upon check-in.
- Any charges referenced herein required of pets will not be imposed to individuals with service animals unless service animal causes damage and in such cases, Oglebay will impose the same charge it would impose for a pet if a pet caused damage.
- Your pet(s) should have all the recommended vaccinations currently up-to-date, and you agree to obtain and provide current records from a licensed veterinarian regarding your pet(s) should Oglebay request this information.
- Pets must be leashed or always restrained in public spaces, including outdoor grounds of Wilson Lodge and property.
- Pets must be supervised at all times while in Wilson Lodge or on property. The front desk can provide a list of local pet sitting services which can also be arranged for you through the front desk. Since this service or any pet service engaged by you is not provided by Oglebay, we will not be held responsible.
- Guests should display the Oglebay pets “Do Not Disturb” sign to alert staff that a pet is in a residence.
- Pets are not allowed in the food & beverage areas, pools, fitness center, or game room.
- Guests are responsible for pet waste clean-up inside Wilson Lodge and throughout property grounds. Guests are provided a welcome bag, walking trail map and pet relief area map upon check-in.
- Guests are responsible for all personal injury and/or property damage related to their pets.
- Guests are liable for the health, safety, and welfare of their pet(s) at all times.
- Pets are not allowed in rooms other than that which they are registered.
- If the pet(s) barks excessively, makes other noises, or is otherwise a cause of guest complaints, OGlebay reserves the right to require the guest to remove the pet(s). Oglebay, at its discretion, is not required to provide any warning or second chance for violation of this policy. The decision of Oglebay is final.
- Guests fully accept responsibility for any and all damages caused by the pet(s). Guests agree to indemnify and hold harmless Oglebay, its operators and owners and their respective affiliates from all liability and/or damage suffered as a result of their pet(s).