Park Foundation School ~
Oglebay’s National Training Center is proud to introduce the first Park Foundation School at Oglebay.
The Park Foundation School is a unique professional management school geared toward improving attendees’ understanding of how to start, build, and strengthen park foundations, friends groups, and other nonprofit organizations that support parks and recreation agencies, while enhancing their professional networks. It is offered in cooperation with the National Association of Park Foundations and North Caroline State University.
- Foundation start-up strategies
- Taking your existing foundation to a new level
- Selecting, managing, and recruiting your Board of Directors
- Fund development and fiscal resource management
- Strategic planning for success
- Fundraising strategies to include campaigns and events
- How to effectively market your organization and its ideas using 2020 methods
- Protecting your foundation’s reputation from a crisis
- Working with volunteers
- Best practice relationship building between your foundation and your park agency
- Evaluation and measurement techniques to include data collection and evaluation techniques